Transmedia – Where Do I Start?
Friday 4th July 2014, 14:10 - 15:10
Showroom Cinema 2
Read the session blog
An examination of the genesis of a children’s project from an audience reach and interaction point of view, addressing both creative and budgetary/funding considerations.
- When in the process does platform become a consideration? Before? During? Organically emerge?
- What are the processes for discovering this? How is the child kept at the heart of the offering?
- How are different platforms used to build and interact with children when the offering is new to them?
- What if you’ve not got the budget for a global “transmedia” blanket?
- Does it matter if some platforms aren’t addressed and if not, why not?
- Is there a hierarchy of preferred platforms for new projects depending on the primary medium?
- Are there any guerrilla tactics a smaller producer can employ that level the playing field?
This will be tied into the recent Ofcom report – Children and Parents: Media Use and Attitudes
Wizards Vs Aliens (CBBC)
CBeebies In-House Production
Claire Spencer Cook
Nexus Productions / Nexus Interactive Arts