Please note: this profile is now part of an archived conference and information may be outdated.
- 1980 Worked in the theatre as a stage manager and assistant director
- 1985 Started as a runner in the BBC
- 1988 Joined BBC Children’s as an assistant producer and started working on ‘Blue Peter’
- 1992 Became a director in Children’s Entertainment and then Children’s Drama
- 1995 Started producing ‘Grange Hill‘
- 1999 Became Controller of Granada Media Children’s, Co-creating, ‘My Parents Are Aliens’, and exec producing, ‘Childrens Ward’, ‘Girls in Love’, ‘Don’t Eat the Neighbours’, ‘Seriously Weird’, ‘Jungle Run’, ’24/7′ and ‘North Hollywood High’, ‘Illustrated Mum’…
- 2003 Controller CITV, commissioning, award winning , ‘My Life as a Popat’ and ‘Little Reindeer’ as well as ‘Best Friends’, ‘My Parents Are Aliens’, ‘Barking’, ‘Ministry of Mayhem’, ‘Help I am a Teenage Outlaw’, ‘Worst Witch’, and many more
- 2004 Started as Controller of ITV daytime
- 2006 Programme Director ITV Digital Channels overseeing ITV2, ITV 3 and ITV4
- 2007 Head of CBBC Drama, Animation and Acquisition – ‘My Almost Famous Family’, ‘Dead Gorgeous’, ‘Tracy Beaker’
- 2009 Head of CBBC In House Production across all genres and platforms – overseeing a raft of content including – award Winning ‘Tracy Beaker’ and ‘Newsround Alcohol Special’, ‘Blue Peter’, ‘Sadie J’ , ‘Cop School – Project Parent’ , ‘Serious Livingstone’, ‘Just William…’
- Present – Creative Director Foundation TV.
Have four children: Finn, Ben, James and Becky and lives in London.
Wednesday Workshop: The Co-Pro Clinic
Session Blog This four-hour session is aimed at companies with developed projects, which are near-ready for presentation to co-production partners, distributors and broadcasters at the various international markets. Experts from distribution, licensing, business affairs & legal will reveal insights into structuring funding for projects, negotiating rights, exploring the various funds in different territories, and maintaining editorial and creative integrity across the varying demands of a range of partners and territories. Practical hands-on advice, the chance to work on your specific project and more expertise gathered in one space than you could ever hope to meet.
CMC Update 6 November 2019 - Manimation Next Week, Kidscreen And More Brexit Content Available
CMC Update 31 October 2019 - Manimation Meeting Booking Launched, Brexit Readiness Info, and More.