Please note: this profile is now part of an archived conference and information may be outdated.
Producers Alliance for Cinema and TV (Pact)
Head of Nations and Children’s
Rosina leads on Pact policy in the areas of children’s TV and animation, digital media, nations & regions and EU Digital Single Market & copyright.
Before joining Pact, Rosina was a senior adviser and project manager for a leading small business trade association. She managed the organisation’s research programme; this involved setting up and coordinating a survey panel giving regular insights into business issues including access to finance, skills and innovation. She also led on international trade policy and published a report on small businesses and exporting. Rosina started her career in the EU Directorate of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. She is also Chair of Governors at a local primary school in Richmond.
Pact is the UK trade association which represents the commercial interests of the independent production sector, including film, television, new media, children’s and animation. Pact works on behalf of its members to ensure the best legal, regulatory and economic environment for growth in the sector.
Pact offers a range of activities to support children’s and animation producers including:
- Support to attend international trade markets and missions including MIP Junior in October 2016. In 2014 Pact led UK delegations to 11 markets and 4 missions across 5 continents.
- An MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with YouTube for a range of initiatives including a recent seminar for children’s and animation producers
- Further MoUs with trade bodies in Korea, China, Canada and Australia and is developing relations in key growth territories such as Mexico and Brazil
- A Canada and UK Animation Forum in 2014 to encourage coproduction
- A coproduction ‘app’ helping producers navigate the complexities
Making Access Happen
Children in all their diversity are well represented on screen, in books and on radio but what happens behind the scenes? Are the people who make content just as representative? With diversity as the theme for CMC 2016 and now a focus for employers, we look at who is getting in, how they are getting in and how they are getting on.
CMC Update 26 November 2019 - Kidscreen, Your CMC, Manimation Content, BAAs and more...
CMC Update 6 November 2019 - Manimation Next Week, Kidscreen And More Brexit Content Available
CMC Update 31 October 2019 - Manimation Meeting Booking Launched, Brexit Readiness Info, and More.