The Children’s Media Conference runs smoothly thanks to the efforts of the team of runners, front of house volunteers, registration assistants, and technical coordinators who assist the Conference Operations and Production Managers, and the producers.
Volunteers for these roles tend to be newcomers to the kids’ media sector – or aspirants.
- Meet people working in TV, interactive media, publishing, museums, galleries, film & radio.
- Hear current debates in media, meet producers who might need interns or trainees in the future, have first hand event management experience, and add the experience to your CV.
- Get your very own personalised CMC business card to hand out during the conference.
- The CMC may cover travel expenses and provides lunch for volunteers during the conference. As well as a volunteer meal on first the first evening of the conference.
- We provide a Career Guidance session specifically for our volunteers. How to get into the Industry hints and tips from those involved in children’s media. Here’s the session from last year.
- We offer the chance to attend speed meetings for advice with some key kids’ media industry executives.
- You can join our Volunteer Facebook group to keep in touch and to hear of any job opportunities in the industry as they appear.
We need volunteers to:
- work on conference sessions as session runners
- work on the registration desk helping delegates when they arrive
- work in the video team
- work at parties and receptions and helping with front of house
- work on conference organisation, in the days before the conference
- work with the conference photographer
- Back-up the conference social media, blogging and e-bulletin team
- graduate-level students with a strong interest in children’s media are welcome to join the official blogging team.
Statement regarding COVID-19
We are continually reviewing plans for CMC 7-9 July 2020. Please keep in touch with us via our e-bulletin, website and social media so that you are abreast of our plans for the conference.