Manimation 2013: Animation Audience & Kids’ Commissioners
Thurs 31st October 2013, 10.30am – 6.30pm
University of Salford, Salford Quays (see map below)
A comprehensive look at the UK kids’ media market with contributions from key commissioners and buyers and an opening overview from Director of BBC Children’s Joe Godwin.
As part of the Manchester Manimation Festival, the Children’s Media Conference is staging a networking and information day, designed to inform companies about animation and the children’s audience.
If you are a Manchester based company, Please contact Andrew Hill for information on how to obtain free tickets.
Joe Godwin, Director of BBC Children’s, is our keynote speaker. Joe is responsible for all children’s output at CBBC and CBeebies and as such is one of the most important people in UK animation and children’s content. Joe is based at the BBC in Salford so there’s no better way to hear directly about their future plans and opportunities than by attending this day.
Phil Chalk (MD, Factory Transmedia)
Jackie Edwards (Executive Producer, Animations and Acquisitions, CBeebies)
Jon Gower (Director of Research, Kids Industries)
Maddalena Piras (Head of Audiences, Children’s and Learning at BBC)
Lucy Pryke (Development Producer, CBBC Acquisitions and Animation)
Orion Ross (VP Original Series, Disney Channel & Disney XD, EMEA at The Walt Disney Company)
Alison Warner (VP IP Sales, Acquisitions and Co-Productions, Technicolor Digital Productions’ Animation & Games Group)
Sioned Wyn Roberts (Content Commissioner, Children’s and Learning S4C Wales)
How you will benefit from attending
- Full information on today’s animation and children’s media market.
- Learn about commissioning needs from key broadcasters
- For established companies – brush up on new developments like the animation tax break.
- Free attendance for Manchester based companies and freelancers. So it’s a good opportunity to encourage your junior members of staff to attend and gain insight.
- For companies and freelancers new to the kids’ sector, this is a perfect way to open up to new business
- One-to-ones with commissioners and executives.
- Networking lunch and closing drinks so you can meet the speakers and each other.
- 10.30am Coffee and registration
- 11am Keynote opening address Joe Godwin, followed by Q&A
- 11.30am Research Insights
- 12.30pm Lunch and networking
- 1.30pm Commissioning panels
- 4.15pm One-to-one meetings with commissioners and acquisition execs.
- 5.45pm Networking drinks till 6.30pm
Manimation daytime events are free to Greater Manchester-based SMEs, if you sign up to two or more of the daytime events on 31 October, 21 November or 12 December – thanks to funding from MIDAS and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Contact Andrew Hill for information on how to obtain your free tickets.
There’s a charge of £60 + VAT for companies from outside the area – but everyone is very welcome.
Manimation Celebration – a look at the best animation from Manchester in the last year and special guest multi-award winner Barry Purves on the present and future of animation in the UK.
Venue Salford University, MediaCityUK
31 October 6.30pm
CMC Update 24 January 2020 - Breakfast At Kidscreen, Session Producing For CMC...
CMC Update 20 January 2020 - Kidscreen Facts And Figures, BAAs, Manimation Video And More...
CMC Update 10 January 2020 - UK@Kidscreen, China On Your Mind? Are The Kids Alright? And More...