Date: 12 November 2018
Venue: Manchester Technology Centre
Date: Monday 12 November, 2018
Venue: Manchester Technology Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7ED
Manimation 2018 Theme: The future of animation business
Manimation is the event for UK animation community which focuses exclusively on how to keep you and your business busy and thriving today and in the future. Read the blog reports for Manimation 2018.
NEW for 2018:
- Pre-bookable one-to-one meetings using Meeting Mojo
- Roundtables on key topics
- New venue, new day
Companies confirmed for meetings (full list here):
- Rob Doherty Cake
- Olivier Dumont Entertainment One
- Jackie Edwards BBC Children’s Acquisitions
- Jo Allen CBBC
- Desiree Peeters BBC Children’s Acquisitions
- Sarah Legg-Barratt CBeebies
- Oonagh Jaquest BBC Bitesize
- John Knowles BBC In-house Animation & Puppetry
- Rob Doherty Cake Entertainment
- Lynsey O’Callahan Nickelodeon
- Simon Dean Turner
- Richard Kinning Turner
- Neil Williams Havas Lynx
One-to-one meetings session 10.30am-5.30pm:
You could spend most of the day at Manimation in meetings with people who are crucial to your future business. 24 x 15 minute meeting slots are available to every delegate.
The bespoke booking system Meeting Mojo put delegates in direct touch with clients in advance, and created meeting schedules.
Keynote and Roundtable schedule:
- Opening Keynote – Olivier Dumont – The Enduring Power of the Brand
- Expert panel: The Future of Animation Business
- Roundtable 1: Realtime engines, VR and the future of production
- Roundtable 2: Skills shortages, apprenticeships and training
- Roundtable 3: Working with Creative Agencies – case studies in successful relationship building
The day offered free teas and coffees, lunch and a networking early evening reception to ensure you meet everyone you need to, either formally or informally.
Delegates experienced the latest in cutting-edge technology with Infinita, Realised Realities and YellowDog in our demo area.
Manimation Working Group:
Curated by Manchester-based Manimation Working Group and organised by The Children’s Media Conference, Manimation offered creative and business opportunities, information and inspiration for the UK animation community.
Manimation brings together animation production companies, producers, animators, writers and creative service providers with potential buyers from broadcasters, advertisers, creative agencies, corporate, distribution and more in this friendly and open market setting.
At the same time, a CMC curated programme of business-focused round-tables developed skills and provided new intelligence on where clients will be in the future, and what they will be looking for.
Arranged for the day running up to the Manchester Animation Festival, Manimation offered the best possible business outcomes to enhance your festival week!
Manimation 2018 Sponsors
Manimation is supported by National Lottery funds awarded to ScreenSkills from the British Film Institute to deliver its Future Film Skills programme.
CMC Update 9 April 2021 - CMC 2021 Launched, China Connect, Maximising Impact Webinar And More...
CMC Update 1 April 2021 - China Connect Speakers And Buyers, Spring Webinars And More...
CMC Update 25 March 2021 - CMC Spring Webinar: Production in the Time of Corona - Tomorrow.