Manimation is Manchester’s annual day-long gathering for the animation sector, bringing everyone together to gain business understanding and creative inspiration.
Panels on the day included:
- Manimation Keynote from Cat Lewis, CEO, Nine Lives Media.
- Brave New Worlds Will VR ‘eat’ traditional media? With Aardman’s David Sproxton member of the BAFTA VR Advisory Board. Aardman recently moved into VR working with Google Spotlight on the 360° short ‘Special Delivery’ and collaborating with the BBC on the VR/CGI short ‘We Wait’. Moderated by Simon Smith (Studio Liddell) and featuring Ben Mills (Desk Dragons) and Nick Pittom (Fire Panda).
- Creative Snapshot with the BBC Commissioning executives included Sarah Legg (CBeebies), Jo Allen (CBBC) and Tim Searle (CBBC). Moderated by Westley Wood (CITV).
- Fund and Flow Speakers included Erica Darby (Spider Eye), Tim Patterson (Larkshead Media) and Chris Halliday, (BFI).
- One-to-one meetings The time to meet many of the speakers in one-to-one meetings was bookable on the day. This was your opportunity to meet legal and finance experts and get free and valuable advice, as well as meet commissioners.
- Realtime VR Storytelling – Heading for the Holodeck with Nick Pittom (Fire Panda).
- North by North West Showcase presented by Jonathan Ashworth (Creative Director, Mighty Giant).
- Training and Development: New Initiatives, New Entrants Discover how your company can access training funding and how the animation levy is being refined for 2017. Speakers included Abigail Fairhurst (Brown Bag Films); Adrian Healy (Director of Business Development, The Manchester Growth Company); Steve Swanborough (Freelance); Praveen Zacharias (Brown Bag Films).
- Animation UK Update with Oli Hyatt (Blue-Zoo Animation).
- PLUS Presentations from BAFTA Award nominee Kath Shackleton (Fettle Animation) and the latest research on kids’ viewing habits from Fiona Scott (University of Sheffield).
Manimation 2016 was organised by CMC and funded by Creative Skillset’s Skills Investment Fund.
Drinks Reception Sponsor
CMC Update 3 April 2020 - CMC Develops Virtual Solution To Support The Kids' Media Community
Statement regarding COVID-19
We are continually reviewing plans for CMC 7-9 July 2020. Please keep in touch with us via our e-bulletin, website and social media so that you are abreast of our plans for the conference.