Date: Thursday 20 November, 2014
Venue: BBC Bridge House, Bridge House, Salford Quays, Salford M50 2BH
Manimation Fusion was designed to inform companies and freelancers about key factors for success in working in animation, visual FX, commercials, corporate, interactive, games, Apps and virtual reality.
The timetable is available to view here.
Confirmed speakers included:
- Cathal Gaffney, CEO of one of Europe’s most successful animation production houses, Brown Bag Films, who took a look at the current global climate for animation properties.
- Jackie Edwards (CBeebies), Jean Flynn (Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick) and Tony Prosser (RealtimeUK) discussed innovation, funding and how pipelines and processes work.
- Jane Hyndman (Rights.tv), David Jackson (422.tv) and Christopher Halliday (BFI Certification Unit) gave their up-to-date assessment of Broadcast Commissioning, Investment Funds, EIS, Crowd-funding and other innovations – plus the Animation and Games tax-breaks.
- Training and skills overview with Chris Bowden (Mackinnon and Saunders), Gina Jackson (Next Gen Skills Academy) and Sarah Ann Kennedy (University of Central Lancashire).
- Matt Gyves (Adobe), Chris Hardcastle (Mainframe North), Ken Swain (EON Reality) and Lindsay Watson (Toon Boom) looked at new tech across the whole of the animation spectrum – including production software, motion capture and augmented reality.
- Plus: showcases on arena gaming with Craig Fletcher (Multiplay), music with Steve Berman (The Composerworks), training with Kath Shackleton (Fettle), facial capture with David Barton (Cubic Motion), and student projects with Andy Wyatt (MMU).
The Afternoon ended with the opportunity to meet many of the speakers and other delegates in one-to-one meetings which were booked by all registered delegates on the day. The list of meeting participants is available here.
Manimation Inspiration (6.30-9pm including drinks) was the creative evening associated with the Manimation event.
In Manimation Inspiration, Cathal Gaffney, CEO of Brown Bag Films, Oscar short nominee, now presiding over Europe’s busiest animation production schedule, discussed creative inspiration, nurturing talent, and Brown Bag’s achievement.
Manimation 2014 was organised by CMC and supported by MIDAS.
Thanks for support:
CMC Update 24 January 2020 - Breakfast At Kidscreen, Session Producing For CMC...
CMC Update 20 January 2020 - Kidscreen Facts And Figures, BAAs, Manimation Video And More...
CMC Update 10 January 2020 - UK@Kidscreen, China On Your Mind? Are The Kids Alright? And More...