Get In Shape For Kids
25 Mar 2011
Get In Shape For Kids was a one-day workshop for freelancers and companies targeting the children’s market. This event was particularly suitable for writers, animators, and content producers. It took place at the Electric Works Sheffield.
The workshop helped prepare projects and profiles in time for initial meetings with potential partners and commissioning executives at the Children’s Media Conference (6-8 July, Sheffield) and at other markets.
Anthony Utley – Moderator and producer of the event – Media Consultant
Neil Richards – Writer and producer, The Mustard Corporation
Paul Shuttleworth – Independent producer, Handle & Spout, and Executive Producer CBeebies production
Christopher Skala – Senior Vice President, Programming & TV Sales, Guinness World Records
James Kerr – Animator, Kerrupt Animation
The workshop focused on good development practice, including:
· How should companies budget and plan for developing IP?
· What is the writer’s role in development?
· At what point to involve the broadcaster – particularly BBC Children’s in Salford?
There was also guidance on getting the best out of The Children’s Media Conference and other markets in the children’s sector:
· At what stage should a project be pitched and in what form?
· Partners – which are appropriate, how to approach them, how to ensure a good deal?
· At what stage and how best to approach commissioning figures. What to discuss and show?
· Choosing sessions and workshops at the conference to best advantage.
Photostream on Flickr
CMC Update 24 June 2019 - Exploring The Range Or People And Content At CMC 2019
CMC Update 21 June 2019 - Policy & Strategy, First-timers, Learning and discounted tickets.