CMC 2015 took place from Wed 1 – Fri 3 July.
1, 075 delegates converged on Sheffield, UK for keynotes, workshops and over 50 sessions. Plus on Wednesday 1 July the CMC International Exchange offered a full day to meet and pitch to commissioners, buyers and co-producers.
What Did the Fee Include?
- Access to the Wednesday evening keynote
- Ticket for the Wednesday drinks reception
- Access to all sessions on Thursday and Friday
- Thursday and Friday lunches
- Break-time teas and coffees on Thursday and Friday
- Access to the Thursday evening keynote
- Ticket for the Thursday night party
Wednesday Workshops: 1 July 2015 1-5pm £30 + VAT per workshop.
- Bible Class
- Took writers, producers and interactive developers through the process of creating the perfect project bible. Further session information available here.
- Wear and Tear
- For the digitally inclined – our ‘Wear and Tear’ workshop looked at new tech and new ways of working with the audience to create compelling content. Further session information available here.
- NEW Make It With YouTube
- CMC’s first official YouTube Workshop. Participants got to know how best to work with and on YouTube. Further session information available here.
You must be a registered delegate to attend a Workshop. All three Workshops ran simultaneously, beginning at 1 pm on Wednesday afternoon and lasting 4 hours.
Our Famous Pizza Express Supper: Thursday 2 July 2015 £19 + VAT
- The Pizza Express Supper – which you needed to book and pay an additional fee for – was on the Thursday evening. We booked the whole restaurant again with a set menu. It’s like a kids’ birthday party: a selection of starters and pizza slices come to your table from the oven as soon as they are ready. Vegetarian options are included in the selection. Tickets are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pizza night sold fast – so don’t delay!
CMC International Exchange: Wednesday 1 July 2015 £60 + VAT
When you signed up to register for the conference, you could have chosen to book for the International Exchange. Click here for more information about International Exchange
First Timers Reception: Wednesday 1 July 2015 5pm
The Children’s Media Conference is the most important event in the UK calendar for everyone involved in developing, producing and distributing content for kids. The Children’s Media Conference welcomes the widest possible participation from the whole spectrum of the children’s media and entertainment industries. We open our doors to delegates from television, radio, film, games, interactive media, magazine and book publishing, the licensing and toy sectors and the arts and culture sectors.
Conference Theme: All Change?
The on-going changes in audience behaviours, the competition for attention and retention, shifting dynamics in the business of kids’ media, new ways of engaging and cutting-through, and the new creators – as kids’ take control: it’s sometimes disorientating, certainly challenging and definitely an exciting time to be sharing insights and experience in the classic CMC collective response to the pressures of change.
New This Year: The Changemakers
Innovative and provocative! We met the new opinion formers, product developers and market-makers, whose present success and future potential warrants the attention of the CMC in this new short-form strand of additional content.
We made it easy to book your tickets. When you signed up to register, Eventbrite took your booking and PayPal took your payment. The payment includes VAT. The Children’s Media Conference VAT number is 988 0058 84 and you received an email confirming your booking with your registration receipt. You were also invited to join The Children’s Media LinkedIn Group, which allowed you to make contact with others who attended.
Statement regarding COVID-19
We are continually reviewing plans for CMC 7-9 July 2020. Please keep in touch with us via our e-bulletin, website and social media so that you are abreast of our plans for the conference.