First Timers Tips 2022
Coming to large events like CMC Live for the first time can seem daunting. It feels like everyone knows everyone. However, about half our delegates at the CMC haven’t attended before and companies are in Sheffield to seek out new talent – and that’s you, so don’t keep your light under a bushel. Here’s our rough guide to help you navigate your way round CMC for the first time.
Get in, Get On Monday 27 June 2022, 4-5.30pm BST on Zoom
We invite all newcomers to the industry and newcomers to CMC to this free pre-conference online event including information on joining the children’s media industry, how to make progress with your freelance work or project, and how to use CMC 2022 to best effect.
First Timers Drinks Reception Tuesday 5 July 2022 5pm, Head of Steam (next to Crucible)
The CMC Drinks Reception Tuesday 5 July 2022 7.15pm, Crucible Theatre
Get out your business cards out and network with the industry at the opening drink reception.
The CMC Party Wednesday 6 July 2022 10pm, Crystal Bar
Join us for the ultimate networking event. And even get a little dance in!
Keep in Touch
- Make sure you sign up to the CMC e-bulletin as soon as you can. The e-bulletin is the very best way to keep up to date about what’s happening at CMC this year.
- Follow CMC on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter #TCMC.
- Use the LinkedIn Group to contact other attendees.
- Read Questions From a First Timer (coming soon) which covers everything you want know about coming to CMC for the first time, from those in the know.
- For inspiration, have a read of What has the CMC Ever Done For Me?
Finding your Way Around
- The main conference venue is the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. The Crucible is a short walk from Sheffield railway station. On arrival you can walk from the station to the venue and register all in about 20 minutes.
- Your first stop is the Registration Desk in the Crucible. You can pick up your badge here and come back any time to the Registration Desk for assistance.
- The Crucible is our social centre. It’s where all delegates and most speakers will hang out during the conference. Have a coffee and you will be bound to meet up with new conference friends.
- Orientate yourself before you come to Sheffield with our City Map
- Your delegate pass gives you access to the Keynote events on Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening and all the conference sessions in the Crucible.
- Your online delegate guide provides information on the content and timing of all the sessions at the Conference, allowing you to plan your time.
- Look out for the CMC app that will be available for the conference.
- Some sessions will be busy and we operate on a first come, first served basis, so remember to get to sessions in time.