If you have questions about the conference, the first thing to do is to read on for information about registration, cancellations and more. If you can’t find the answer here, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the dates of the Children’s Media Conference 2022?
- The conference runs Live in Sheffield and Online from Tuesday 5 July to Thursday 7 July 2022
- Where is the conference held?
- The conference venue is the Crucible Theatre 55 Norfolk St, Sheffield S1 1DA. Registration is also at the Crucible.
- How can I register?
- Registration is online. Registration for CMC 2022 will open in April. You will receive automatic confirmation by email from the online booking service.
- How can I pay?
- Our registration system will automatically take you through the payment process.
If you can’t pay by credit/ debit card, please contact the conference office for alternative payment options: email@example.com.
Your credit card statement will show payment made to The CMC.
- When should I pay for the conference?
- You will need to be ready to pay when you register online. Registration is complete only when payment is received in full.
- How much does it cost to attend the conference live in Sheffield?
- Full Corporate Rate
£480 + VAT. Available up until the conference. Early Bird Rate £360 + VAT. Available until the 3 May 2022.ACA/ BAFTA/ CMNS/ SYFN/ The CMF/ CMA/ CMNS/ Game Republic/ PACT/ Scripts Out Loud/ SYFN/ AIXR/ The Publishers Association/ TIGA/ UKIE/ Not-For-Profit Rate
£360 + VAT. Available up until the conference. Please contact the relevant organisation for your discounted registration link.Under 30s, Self-funded Delegates & Students Rate
£265 + VAT. This pass is intended for Under 30s, freelancers, researchers, small Indies (with 2 employees or fewer), and students. A limited number are available, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once you have registered, you will be asked for proof of status. This discounted registration is non-transferable.
- How much does it cost to attend the Online Conference?
- Full Corporate Rate
£175 + VAT. Available up until the conference.
Early Bird Rate
£130 + VAT. Available until the 3 May 2022.
ACA/ BAFTA/ CMNS/ SYFN/ The CMF/ CMA/ CMNS/ Game Republic/ PACT/ Scripts Out Loud/ SYFN/ AIXR/ The Publishers Association/ TIGA/ UKIE/ Not-For-Profit Rate
£130 + VAT. Available up until the conference. Please contact the relevant organisation for your discounted registration link.
Under 30s, Self-funded Delegates & Students Rate
£100 + VAT. This pass is intended for Under 30s, freelancers, researchers, small Indies (with 2 employees or fewer), and students. A limited number are available, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once you have registered, you will be asked for proof of status. This discounted registration is non-transferable.
- Are there other events I can attend?
- CMC SkillBuilder
£50 + VAT. SkillBuilder is an online workshop which takes place on Tuesday 28 June. You can buy a SkillBuilder ticket on the CMC 2022 website.
The International Exchange
£105 + VAT. International Exchange takes place online on Thursday 30 June. You can buy an International Exchange ticket on the CMC 2022 website.
- I’m having problems with the online registration system. What should I do?
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the website or online registration form please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When is the last date I can register?
- You are able to register for the conference up to and including the conference itself. All tickets have limited availability, and some will sell out well in advance of the conference especially the Self-funded pass, the CMC SkillBuilder, and the International Exchange. So you are advised to book up as soon as possible.
- Do you offer a group discount?
- Please contact the conference office if you wish to discuss terms for parties of 10 people or more: email@example.com
- I need to talk to someone about billing or invoicing. Who do I direct my enquiry to?
- Please direct all questions about payments, billing and invoicing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I want to ask more questions about my eligibility for the discounted rates. Where can I get more information?
- Our discounted rates are for members of: ACA/ BAFTA/ CMNS/ SYFN/ The CMF/ CMA/ CMNS/ Game Republic/ PACT/ Scripts Out Loud/ SYFN/ AIXR/ The Publishers Association/ TIGA/ UKIE/ Not-For-Profit Rate.
This pass requires you to be a member of one of these associations or working for a not-for-profit institution. Contact your association to request the registration link so you can buy your discounted pass. If you are a member of a not-for-profit organisation, contact the conference office: email@example.com
Under 30s, Self-funded Delegates & Students Rate. This pass is intended for Under 30s, freelancers, researchers, small Indies (2 full-time employees or fewer), and students. A limited number are available, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once you have registered, you will be asked for proof of status. This discounted registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have any questions about eligibility for discounted rates please contact the conference office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have not received a confirmation email, what should I do?
- First – check your email spam and junk mail folders. If it is still not found, please contact the Conference Office at email@example.com.
- Can I buy a day pass?
- No, unfortunately we do not offer day passes for the conference.
- How can I get a copy of my VAT receipt?
- Please email the conference office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a VAT receipt. Please allow five days for delivery.
- What’s included in the Live in Sheffield Delegate pass?
- A delegate’s badge; Access to all sessions on Wednesday and Thursday; Access to the Tuesday Keynote and Wednesday Keynote; Access to all Video on Demand content online; Your listing in the delegates list online;
As well as the following meals and refreshments for all participants:
The Tuesday evening opening reception.
The Wednesday night party
2 lunches (on Wednesday and Thursday)
Break-time teas and coffees on Wednesday and Thursday.
- How do I access the Online Conference content?
- At the end of June, you will be sent an email containing instructions on how to access the conference Platform. You will be asked to set up a log-in and password which will be unique to you.
- How do I get my badge?
- You can collect your badge from the Delegates’ Registration Desk in the Crucible theatre.
The opening times are:
Tuesday 5 July 4-9pm
Wednesday 6 July 8.30am-8pm
Thursday 7 July 8.30am-4.30pm
To collect your delegate badge you will need to bring a copy of your confirmation e-mail.
- I’ve got a Press Pass. How do I get my badge?
- You can collect your badge from the Delegates Registration Desk in the Crucible. Please bring your confirmation email with you.
- What should I do if I lose my delegate badge at the conference?
- Please go to the Registration Desk to ask for a replacement. Please note there is a lost badge fee of £25.00.
- Do I need to collect my delegate badge before I attend a session?
- Yes, delegate badges must be collected from the Registration Desk on arrival at the conference and entrance to all sessions requires a valid delegate badge.
- Do I need to bring my badge to social events?
- Yes, you are required to wear your delegate badge during the conference including all conference social events.
- I registered for the conference, but now can’t attend. Can I send someone in my place?
- Delegates can reassign their pass to another person at no extra cost. Email email@example.com with your information and the person to whom you wish to reassign your pass.
When sending an email, please include the following details: name and title of the attendee taking your pass; their job title, direct phone number; email address; company details (name, address, website and phone).
Please note that the Under 30s, Self-funded & Students Pass is non-transferable.
- What is the refund policy if the CMC 2022 Live in Sheffield is cancelled?
- If the CMC is obliged to cancel the conference Live in Sheffield (owing to changes in Covid regulations for example), you will receive notified by email from the CMC and our Refund Policy shall apply.
- I registered for the conference, but now can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
- Delegates are eligible for a refund; cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I put my luggage?
- The cloakroom is available only for people with disabilities and mobility conditions.
Opening times are Tuesday 4-9pm, Wednesday 8.30am-8pm, Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm.
Otherwise, we ask that you bring minimal belongings with you as the Crucible are not able to store bags including shopping or suitcases.
If you are bringing a bag with you, this should be no bigger than A3 size.
The Crucible may carry out non-contact bag checks on all bags for security purposes.
- When is the conference programme available?
- The full conference programme is published online in June and is constantly updated. To keep up with our latest news sign up to our e-bulletin on the homepage.
You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. The official digital conference Guide is available on Issuu.
- Does the CMC consider the environment?
- Yes! You can read our Environmental Policy here.
- How is the conference accessible?
- See here for accessibility advice and information at the Crucible Accessibility at CMC 2022 and here for accessibility advice and information for the CMC website & Delegate Area CMC Accessibility Statement 2022
- Can I suggest a topic or speaker for the conference?
- We are happy to have your suggestions, up to early May. If you would like to suggest a topic or speaker for the conference, please contact Greg Childs, Editorial Director at email@example.com.The Advisory Committee is responsible for the editorial direction of the conference.