One Minute to Save the World
This year, PQATV and CMC challenged young people to make a short on the theme One Minute to Save the World. They asked for a film that’s authentic to them, about something they believe in, and to make us think. The competition was open to young filmmakers under 19 across the world.
On 31st August 2019 the screening and awards event for the inaugural competition were held. The overall winner and runner up films were voted for by over 300 industry delegates who attended this years CMC. Also in attendance were two of this years BAFTA Changemakers Noga Levy-Rapoport and Brandon Relph who handed out the Changemaker Jury award which was extra special as this was an an award for a young person voted for by their peers.
- Butterfly Botox: Directed by Charlie Hills (PQA Wickford student)
- Children’s Right: Directed by Tilly Mae Jones (PQA Wickford student)
- Dare to Change: Directed by Dylan Scott & Romain Soubes Goldman
- It’s Not To Late: Directed by Will Stogden
- Limitless: Directed by Annette Hannah (PQA Derby student) WINNER
- Nature’s Child: Directed by Eden Quine-Taylor (PQA Cardiff student)
- One Person Can Save the World: Directed by Satie Polidoro-Thursby
- Plastic World: Directed by Iyla Small, Sophie O’Neill & Neve Rich (PQA Wickford students)
- The Choice: Directed by Louie Fellows & Amy Newman (PQA Maidstone students)
- The Magic Money Tree: Directed by Jacob Michel (PQA Cardiff student)
- Uranium Oven: Directed by Jack Thompson & Tyler Smith (PQA Swindon students)
- Zoo: Directed by Mia-Mai Costelloe – Densem, Sophia Kazarian, Ella-Scarlett Gallart Houghton, Jaime Roberts & Ava Abel (PQA Richmond students)
- Just Imagine: Directed by Blue Group at PQA Finchley
- Another Story: Directed by Thaisa Smart, Amelie Bridge, Alba McCann-Carrasco, Kenya Richards & Leah Odell Angba (PQA Richmond students)
- You Are Not Alone: Directed by Jessica Devonald, Sofia Piletto, Katharine Smallacombe Riley, Anna Tresigne, Rhea Sahib & Stella Parkinson (PQA Richmond students)
Statement regarding COVID-19
We are continually reviewing plans for CMC 7-9 July 2020. Please keep in touch with us via our e-bulletin, website and social media so that you are abreast of our plans for the conference.