If you have questions about the conference, the first thing to do is to read on for information about registration, cancellations and more. If you can’t find the answer here, please contact us: email@example.com
- What are the dates of the Children’s Media Conference 2019?
- The conference runs from Tuesday 2 July to Thursday 4 July 2019
- Where is the conference held?
- The main conference venue is the Showroom Cinema, Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX UK. Registration is at the Workstation, Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX UK.
- How can I register?
- Registration is online. Registration for CMC 2019 will open in April. You will receive automatic confirmation by email from the online booking service.
- How can I pay?
- Our registration system will automatically take you through the payment process.
If you can’t pay by credit/ debit card, please contact the conference office for alternative payment options: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your credit card statement will show payment made to The CMC.
- When should I pay for the conference?
- You will need to be ready to pay when you register online. Registration is complete only when payment is received in full.
- How much does it cost to attend the conference?
- Full Corporate Rate
£510 + VAT. Available up until the conference.
BAFTA/ CMNS/ SYFN/ The CMF/ TIGA/ The Publishers Association/ UKIE/ UK Screen Alliance/ Not-For-Profit Rate
£390 + VAT. Available up until the conference. Please contact the relevant organisation for your discounted registration link.
Under 30s, Self-funded Delegates & Students Rate
£280 + VAT. This pass is intended for Under 30s, freelancers, researchers, small Indies (with 2 employees or fewer), and students. A limited number are available, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once you have registered, you will be asked for proof of status. This discounted registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
£19 + VAT. Pizza night is on Wednesday 3 July at 8pm. Tickets are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. You can add the cost of the Pizza Express supper to your conference registration fee when you register.
£35 + VAT. You can add the CMC Skillbuilder booking fee to your conference registration fee when you register.
The International Exchange
£90 + VAT. You can add the International Exchange booking fee to your conference registration fee when you register.
- I’m having problems with the online registration system. What should I do?
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the website or online registration form please email us at email@example.com
- When is the last date I can register?
- You are able to register for the conference up to and including the conference itself. All tickets have limited availability, and some will sell out well in advance of the conference especially the Self-funded pass, Pizza Night, and The CMC Skillbuilders. So you are advised to book up as soon as possible.
- Do you offer a group discount?
- Please contact the conference office if you wish to discuss terms for parties of 10 people or more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I need to talk to someone about billing or invoicing. Who do I direct my enquiry to?
- Please direct all questions about payments, billing and invoicing via email to email@example.com.
- I want to ask more questions about my eligibility for the discounted rates. Where can I get more information?
- Our discounted rates are for members of: BAFTA/ CMNS/ SYFN/ The CMF/ TIGA/ The Publishers Association/ UKIE/ UK Screen Alliance/ Not-For-Profit Rate £390 + VAT.
This pass requires you to be a member of one of these associations or working for a not-for-profit institution. Contact your association to request the registration link so you can buy your discounted pass. If you are a member of a not-for-profit organisation, contact the conference office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 30s, Self-funded Delegates & Students Rate. This pass is intended for Under 30s, freelancers, researchers, small Indies (2 full-time employees or fewer), and students. A limited number are available, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once you have registered, you will be asked for proof of status. This discounted registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have any questions about eligibility for discounted rates please contact the conference office at email@example.com.
- I have not received a confirmation email, what should I do?
- First – check your email spam and junk mail folders. If it is still not found, please contact the Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I buy a day pass?
- No, unfortunately we do not offer day passes for the conference. The Tuesday Skillbuilder and International Exchange Ticket is an additional pass for fully registered delegates only.
- How can I get a copy of my VAT receipt?
- Please email the conference office at email@example.com and we will send you a VAT receipt. Please allow five days for delivery.
- What’s included in the delegates pass?
- A delegate’s badge, which allows you to attend and participate in the conference.
Access to all sessions on Wednesday and Thursday. Some sessions will be busy and, as we operate on a first come, first served basis, remember to get to sessions in time.
Access to the Tuesday Evening Keynote and Wednesday Evening Keynote.
Your listing in the delegates list online and in the delegates list which is available at the conference.
The Delegates’ Guide and Folder.
Access to Marketing Sheffield services including hotel booking. Accommodation and travel have to be paid extra.
Free wifi in the Showroom Bar and the Workstation; free wifi in the HUBS (password needed in the HUBS).
Access to the HUBS networking and seating areas. As well as the following meals and refreshments for all participants:
The Tuesday evening opening reception.
The Wednesday night party
2 lunches (on Wednesday and Thursday)
Break-time teas and coffees on Wednesday and Thursday.
- How do I get my badge?
- You can collect your badge from the Delegates’ Registration Desk in the Workstation, Paternoster Row.
The opening times are:
Tuesday 2 July 8am–8pm
Wednesday 3 July 8.30am–7pm
Thursday 4 July 8.30am–7pm
To collect your delegate badge you will need to bring a copy of your confirmation e-mail.
- I’ve got a Press Pass. How do I get my badge?
- You can collect your badge from the Delegates Registration Desk in the Workstation, Paternoster Row. Please bring your confirmation email with you.
- What should I do if I lose my delegate badge at the conference?
- Please go to the Registration Desk to ask for a replacement. Please note there is a lost badge fee of £25.00.
- Do I need to collect my delegate badge before I attend a session?
- Yes, delegate badges must be collected from the Registration Desk on arrival at the conference and entrance to all sessions requires a valid delegate badge.
- Do I need to bring my badge to social events?
- Yes, you are required to wear your delegate badge during the conference including all conference social events.
- I registered for the conference, but now can’t attend. Can I send someone in my place?
- Delegates can reassign their pass to another person at no extra cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and the person to whom you wish to reassign your pass.
If you’re sending an email, please include the following details: name and title of the attendee taking your pass; their job title, direct phone number; email address; company details (name, address, website and phone).
Please note that the Under 30s, Self-funded & Students Pass is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I registered for the conference, but now can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
- Delegates are eligible for a free refund; cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- Where can I put my luggage?
- We have a secure cloakroom and luggage check conveniently situated in the Workstation. The cloakroom opening times are: Tuesday 2 July 8am–8pm
Wednesday 3 July 8.30am–7pm
Thursday 4 July 8.30am–7pm
- When is the conference programme available?
- The full conference programme is published online in May and is constantly updated. In the meantime you can see an overview of the timetable here. To keep up with our latest news sign up to our e-bulletin on the homepage.
You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
You will be given the official printed conference Guide when you collect your delegate badge.
- Can I suggest a topic or speaker for the conference?
- We are happy to have your suggestions, up to early May. If you would like to suggest a topic or speaker for the conference, please contact Greg Childs, Editorial Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.The Advisory Committee is responsible for the editorial direction of the conference.
CMC Update 21 January 2021 - Kidscreen Connect Briefings, ABC By CMC Video, Industry Survey & More...
CMC Update 8 January 2021 - Kidscreen Meeting Bookings Begin, More Video From ABC by CMC And More....