Travel to Sheffield
Britain’s fifth largest city, Sheffield is located 157 miles north of London on the edge of the Peak District.
Special Train Rates Available to CMC Delegates
In conjunction with East Midlands Trains we offered discount return rail travel on selected routes.
To purchase your ticket, please complete the relevant booking form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Train booking form available here
Alternatively, note all of your requirements and email email@example.com or post to:
Sheffield S1 2JA
- London to Sheffield standard return tickets £49
- 1st class return ticket £70
These special rates are for trains departing from St Pancras only.
Closing Date for orders
As these special event tickets and cannot be purchased or issued on-line, all orders must be received by us no later than 10 working days prior to the day of departure from the origin station. The closing date was 24 June 2016.
These tickets are not valid:
- Monday to Friday on East Midlands Mainline services scheduled to arrive in London before 11:00
- On all East Midlands Mainline services scheduled to depart London St Pancras between 15:29 and 19:01.
- On all East Midlands Connect (Liverpool to Norwich) services departing before 09:00 and between15:30 and 19:00 Monday to Sunday
Please note Manchester trains do not depart from Manchester airport – only Manchester Oxford Road.
If you travel during the invalid periods stated, this ticket will have no value and you will have to purchase an appropriate new ticket for the journey.
The following restrictions apply to all services:
- You must have proof of your conference or event when travelling
- Tickets can not be transferred or resold under any circumstances.
- This ticket must be produced on demand and is not valid if it has been altered in any way
- It is not valid for entry into East Midlands Mainline First Class Lounges
- The Travel must be completed on the date shown on the ticket only.
- No break of journey is allowed.
Once tickets are issued, seat reservations are recommended and need to be made at least five days before travel.
From London St. Pancras – journey time: approx. 2 hours 9 minutes
To book directly with the train operators contact:
East Midlands Trains
T + 44 (0) 8457 125678
National rail enquiries:
T + 44 (0) 8457 484950
Sheffield City Centre is 5 miles from the M1; exit at Junction 33.
41 miles from Sheffield, Manchester Airport is the UK’s third largest airport.
There is a direct train connection to Sheffield.
40 miles from Sheffield.
Nottingham East Midlands Airport:
47 miles from Sheffield.
Robin Hood Doncaster Airport:
18 miles from Sheffield.