Further Focus on China and the CMC
Trevor Lai, CEO and Creative Director of the Shanghai-based animation company UP Studios, was an enthusiastic participant in the International Exchange and contributed to the Focus on Asia session at CMC. So enthused – that he’s planning a Google Hangout: East Meets Sheffield: Discussing International Exchange, Chinese IP, and The Children’s Media Conference
Noon US – Eastern Standard Time/ 5pm UK time
To watch live: YouTube
To participate with typed questions: (needs Google+ account) https://plus.google.com/events/c7nev8dghsqckc68ikn0l4t633o
Fresh from his speaking appearance at the CMC, Trevor will discuss his insights and experience – and what he learned both as a presenter and an attendee at the conference.
Trevor’s background gives him an ability to synthesize the best of both Chinese and Western cultures. He was born and raised in Canada, then relocated to China in 2007. In 2012, he launched UP Studios, and aspires for it to be recognized as ‘the Disney of China’ – a leader in innovation and creativity with original IP, branded characters and licensing all under one roof.
In the Hangout Trevor will discuss how he is developing Chinese grown content for kids that transcends borders and also how he is working to connect China and UP Studios across the global animation and creative community – along with:
- The Children’s Media Conference and the International Exchange
- Bringing Chinese IP to western markets and the global marketplace
- Creating properties that are enjoyable and accessible worldwide
- The similarities and differences in children’s properties in the United States, United Kingdom versus children’s properties in China and Asia
- How China is shifting from an industrial movement to a new phase that highlights creativity and innovation
- Success that Trevor has had in connecting China and UP Studios to other countries
There will be a Q&A for the last portion of the Hangout.
Anyone can watch the Hangout by following the YouTube link. However, should a viewer want to type in a question they will need a Google+ account.
Here are the links which viewers can follow for the Hangout:
Google+ event page: https://plus.google.com/events/c7nev8dghsqckc68ikn0l4t633o
YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAd-Y1AC98A