Preparing for Market
CMC brings you an event to prepare you for the key kids’ markets – Annecy, Cartoon Forum, Mip and Mipcom – with special focus on the up-coming Kidscreen (New York, in February)
Date: 5th December
Time: 1730 – 1930
Venue: Gateley’s Solicitors, 1 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7DX
£25 + VAT or free to UK@Kidscreen delegation members
We’ve assembled a range of experts from TV and interactive production, who’ve attended the markets many times, backed by legal and business affairs expertise. They include:
- Sarah Baynes (The Creative Garden)
- Anne Brogan (Kindle Entertainment)
- Tony Collingwood (Collingwood O’Hare)
- Lisa Logan (Gateley’s)
- Sam Knowles and Collette Galza (Rights.tv)
- Karl Woolley (Laughing Gravy Media)
- PLUS – a special guest appearance by Josh Selig (Little Airplane Productions) the King of Kidscreen, live from New York!
The topics will cover:
• assessing your project’s life-cycle for the relevant markets
• preparing presentation materials
• building a contacts list
• organising meetings in advance
• pitching and negotiating
• and generally how to handle these fast-moving and packed events.
There’ll be a focus on Kidscreen, the next major market event, and members of the UK@Kidscreen delegation will be in attendance. There’ll also be information on how to access the best possible deal to attend Kidscreen (see below) and news of a £500 UKTI grant for companies planning to attend.