The CMC has teamed up with MIDAS, the Manchester Investment Agency, to run three one-day sessions in Manchester under the banner of ‘Manimation’.
The events are designed to inform companies and freelancers about key factors for success in working for the children’s and animation audience. Speakers will include broadcasters, commissioners, buyers and animation consultants.
The key aims are:
- To explore the children’s audience in detail, what they are watching in animation, and in which age ranges.
- To understand the commissioning and acquisition needs of the key UK broadcasters of animation, and their commissioning processes.
- To network with and meet commissioning and acquisitions executives from the key UK broadcaster customers.
- To explore in depth the international market for animation and the needs and attitudes to style and content of some of the key partner territories.
- To understand the potential of the UK animated series tax incentive.
- To consider the new players in the VOD market and their interest in kids’ content and animation.
- To understand how interactive media companies and publishers are functioning in the kids’ space and how they relate to animated content – online, in apps, in motion comics and on TV.
Manimation Evening Events
As part of the Manimation Festival the CMC has partnered with local bodies to produce a series of creative and social events on each evening of the Manimation Business Development days.
The events are free to all-comers and offer the entire animation community in Manchester and beyond (including producers, animators, freelancers, students) the chance to see and discuss great content, and to network and socialise.
31st October, 6.30-8pm, University of Salford, MediaCity UK
Manimation’s opening event celebrates the North West’s animated best. Showcasing the amazing animation that the region has to offer, from 2D to stop-motion, CGI and puppetry. You’ll be surprised at the diversity of creativity within the region. Special guest for the evening, Academy nominated Barry Purves, will consider the highs and lows of the animation industry over the last 30 years and talk about what he thinks the future has to hold. Join us for drinks and a chance to network with familiar and new faces. Register now – free of charge
21st November, 6.30-8pm, University of Salford, MediaCityUK
Manimation participants meet Salford Media Festival Next Generation delegates at a special event at the University of Salford at MediaCityUK. Josh Weinstein, (‘Simpsons’ Showrunner and Head Writer on ‘Strange Hill High’, in conversation with Phil Chalk (Factory Transmedia – animation producers) and Andrew Burrell (CBBC), discuss working with an international team, their innovative production techniques, and why Manchester was the only place ‘Strange Hill’ could have happened. Register now – free of charge
12th December, 6.30-8pm, The Sharp Project, Manchester
A pre-Christmas get-together. Look back with nostalgia and forward with enthusiasm, as Brian Cosgrove, Jean Flynn and Simon Hall reveal the secrets of iconic animation powerhouse Cosgrove Hall, discuss its newly recovered archive and consider its future as a new animation producer based in Manchester. Register now – free of charge
CMC Update 19 February 2019 - CMC @LBF, Have Your Say On The YAC Fund, And More...
CMC Update 7 February 2019 - CMC Exchange @LBF, KIdscreen Last Call, Emmys And More...
CMC Update 25 January 2019 - CMC @LBF, Kidscreen Breakfasts And Benefits, APD Stuttgart, And More...