Date: 12 November 2018
Venue: Manchester Technology Centre
Date: Monday 12 November, 2018
Venue: Manchester Technology Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7ED
Manimation 2018 Theme: The future of animation business
Manimation is the event for UK animation community which focuses exclusively on how to keep you and your business busy and thriving today and in the future
NEW for 2018:
- Pre-bookable one-to-one meetings using Meeting Mojo
- Roundtables on key topics
- New venue, new day
Companies confirmed for meetings to date (full list here):
- Olivier Dumont Entertainment One
- Jackie Edwards BBC Children’s Acquisitions
- Jo Allen CBBC
- Desiree Peeters BBC Children’s Acquisitions
- Sarah Legg-Barratt CBeebies
- Oonagh Jaquest BBC Bitesize
- John Knowles BBC In-house Animation & Puppetry
- Rob Doherty Cake Entertainment
- Josie Grierson Milkshake!
- Lynsey O’Callahan Nickelodeon
- Simon Dean Turner
- Richard Kinning Turner
- Neil Williams Havas Lynx
One-to-one meetings session 10.30am-5.30pm:
You can spend most of the day at Manimation in meetings with people who are crucial to your future business. 24 x 15 minute meeting slots are available to every delegate.
You can use our bespoke booking system Meeting Mojo to put you in direct touch with clients in advance, and create meeting schedules for you. It’s an invaluable tool to create a really efficient day.
Keynote and Roundtable schedule:
- Opening Keynote
- Expert panel: The Future of Animation Business
- Roundtable 1: Realtime engines and the future of production
- Roundtable 2: Skills shortages, apprenticeships and training
- Roundtable 3: Working with Creative Agencies – case studies in successful relationship building
- Speakers to be announced soon.
The day offers free teas and coffees, lunch and a networking early evening reception to ensure you meet everyone you need to, either formally or informally.
Manimation Working Group:
Curated by Manchester-based Manimation Working Group and organised by The Children’s Media Conference, Manimation offers creative and business opportunities, information and inspiration for the UK animation community – especially in the North.
Manimation brings together animation production companies, producers, animators, writers and creative service providers with potential buyers from broadcasters, advertisers, creative agencies, corporate, distribution and more in this friendly and open market setting.
At the same time, a CMC curated programme of business-focused round-tables will develop skills and provide new intelligence on where clients will be in the future, and what they will be looking for.
Arranged for the day running up to the Manchester Animation Festival, Manimation will offer the best possible business outcomes to enhance your festival week!
Manimation 2018 Sponsors
CMC Update 15 October 2018 - Manimation, UK@Kidscreen, Cartoon Digital, BFI Tax Incentives And More.