CMC British Animation Afternoon
In association with the British Animation Awards, which took place on the evening of the same day, and with the support of UKTI, CMC organised a major London event on March 15th 2012, on the future of animation in the UK – just before the now momentous budget announcement of tax incentives for animators. The event, which attracted around 90 delegates, explored how kids are using new platforms to access content, and discussed ways of distributing digitally, partnering successfully to build games around animation, and there were views on rights negotiation in the new landscape. Orion Ross and Jeff Jones gave the Disney perspective on multi-platform working, then three panels explored routes to audiences apart from broadcasters and how to meet the increasing broadcaster demand for digital content. CMC Goes BAA – Speakers
- Keynote: Orion Ross (VP Original Series, Disney Channel & Disney XD, EMEA at The Walt Disney Company)
- Andrew Baker (Rights.tv)
- Jos Carlyle (Persian Cat Press)
- David Curry (LeSinge Media)
- Dan Efergan (Aardman Digital)
- Gina Fegan (Screen & Digital Media Specialist, UK Trade & Investment)
- Ed Galton (Cake Entertainment)
- Marc Goodchild (IpDipSkyBlue.tv)
- Eric Huang (Penguin Digital)
- James Huggins (Made in Me)
- Oli Hyatt (BlueZoo and Animation UK campaign)
- Jeff Jones (Disney Interactive)
- Helen McAleer (Walker Books)
- Greg McLeod (Brothers McLeod)
- Juliet Tzabar (PlugIn Media)
- Maurice Wheeler (DoCo)
- James White (Studio Liddell)
- Karl Woolley (Impossible Kids)
A report on one of the sessions is available in the CMC Blog. This event took place on 15 March 2012 at 1 Victoria Street Conference Centre, London SW1
CMC Update 19 February 2019 - CMC @LBF, Have Your Say On The YAC Fund, And More...
CMC Update 7 February 2019 - CMC Exchange @LBF, KIdscreen Last Call, Emmys And More...
CMC Update 25 January 2019 - CMC @LBF, Kidscreen Breakfasts And Benefits, APD Stuttgart, And More...