CMC Information Exchange
10 am – 2 pm
Venue: Showroom Cinema 1, Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX
The CMC is organising a half-day event at the Showroom in Sheffield. With the support of Creative Sheffield, we are staging a networking and information morning, designed to inform companies about key factors in working for the children’s and animation audience.
Sarah Muller (Head of Animation and Drama Development CBBC) has been announced as a key speaker and she will be attending the networking lunch. Sarah is based at the BBC in Salford so there’s no better way to hear directly about their future plans and opportunities. The day will be led by Greg Childs, Editorial Director CMC.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To help you consider expansion into the children’s and animation sector
- To help you understand your capacity to reposition yourselves in the market
- To provide information on UK commissioning and international co-production
- To provide information on the Funds available, tax incentives, including the new animation series tax credit, and co-production treaties
- To provide information on the market events companies should attend – with particular reference to the CMC and the CMC International Exchange in July 2013.
- 9.30 am Coffee and registration
- 10 am Welcome by Greg Childs (Editorial Director, CMC)
- Presentation: Thinking about Kids
Speakers: Ben Frost (BBC Audience Insight)
Professor Elizabeth Wood & Dr. Dylan Yamada Rice (Sheffield University, Centre for the Study of Childhood Studies)
– Age range differentiation
– Boys vs. girls
– How they think
– Their needs at different life stages
– Interactive and Play
– Linear and content
– Examples of best practice
- 10.45 am Panel: Crossing over
Moderator: Chris Dymond (Digital producer, strategist and innovation specialist)
Speakers: Rachael Brown & Marcus Kenyon (Finger Industries)
Repositioning your company as a cross-media player – case studies.
- 11.30 am Panel: Getting to Market
Moderator: Greg Childs (CMC)
Speakers: Sarah Muller (Head of Animation and Drama Development CBBC); Steve Hanton (Studio Distract)
The UK and international market for kids’ content – case studies
– Funding projects
– Tax incentives including new tax credit
– Main players in broadcast
– New players in VoD
– The big producer partners
- 12.15 pm Panel: Going to Markets
Moderator: Anthony Utley (Animation Consultant)
Speakers: Sarah Muller (Head of Animation and Drama Development CBBC), Stu Harrison and Angela Salt (FunKids), Greg Childs (CMC)
– Which markets to attend and why.
– How to make an impact.
– How to get your content noticed
– How to work the system
– With special reference to the CMC international Exchange (July 3rd)
- 1pm Light Lunch and Networking
- 2pm Close
Those attending on the 6th June will eligible to apply for a complimentary pass to the CMC International Exchange (worth £45+ VAT) and will be able to register for the Children’s Media Conference at the reduced rate of £230 + VAT (£80 off the full price).
Creative Sheffield is a partner in the ‘South Yorkshire Sector Growth Enhancement Programme’, which is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (2007-13) in Yorkshire & The Humber under the Priority 2 Prospectus ‘Supporting and Stimulating Successful Enterprise’.
CMC Update 7 December 2018 - Kidscreen: Register Now, Going To Market, Animate For CMC And More...
CMC Update 29 November 2018 - Going To Market, Kidscreen Deadline, Ideas For CMC, Manimation Video.